Tilapia is now introduced as world’s most consumed seafood. People are getting interested in Tilapia Fish Farming, which is why they tend to gather and learn information from experts through internet browsing. Obviously, if you are one of those interested Tilapia raiser you can’t just move directly and step forward to create a huge cage for your tilapia’s but instead you have to learn the 7 Facts about Aquaculture Tilapia Fish Farming.
The relevance of acquiring useful information from the 7 Facts about Aquaculture Tilapia Fish Farming is to be more knowledgeable in this kind of industry. The facts that we will provide you are well scrutinized taken from experienced and successful Tilapia farmers. Knowing the information you needed for the success and progress for your tilapia farm is required, especially for first time tilapia raiser. The following are the 7 Facts about Aquaculture Tilapia Farming:
- What is Tilapia? You have been thinking tilapia for how many times but are you sure you know the basic facts of Tilapia? Tilapia belongs to Cichlidae Family, theses specie is known for three variations: Tilapia, Oreochromis and Sarotherodon. They live in a shallow, freshwater ponds, streams and lakes. But for some localities, due to temperature change, it requires energy to warm the water temperature needed by tilapias, as with tropical temperature.
Tilapia has an omnivorous diet, most of the time they eat algae, aquatic plants and larva’s of the insects that lays eggs on the water. Tilapia is delicious, healthy and easy to cook, it’s no longer question why people prefer to have them on their table.
- Things to Consider Before you start Raising. To start building your tilapia farm you need to consider, “where” will you start to start your fish farm. The location is one of the most important thing consider. Is the climate and weather of the location can provide the needs of the tilapias? Does the location produce the same aquaculture species? Does the local management allow this kind of production, same with the water usage?
The totalily of the location must be considered. Tilapia farming needs healthy and balance nature where the tilapia fish will live as the way it normally grows. It is suggested that you will follow the right procedure amended by the rules of your location. Find more accessible location so won’t face problems in the future.
- Know the Exact Temperature for your Tilapia’s. Tilapia needs a temperature between 82-86 degrees Fahrenheit or 28-30 Celsius. Most likely a tropical temperature that has warmer water forms. If your locations experience cold seasons, you need to have water heater for your tilapias. If not, the growth and the breeding process will be affected. From that reason it will affect the number of your tilapia, causes low production. Be aware that if ever the temperature of your water will go down, it will cause fish killing.
- Learn How to Handle Breeding Procedures. You should know the fact that a female can produce 100 little fishes in a week. Having one cage for your tilapias won’t do successfully. It may cause competition for food and space which will affect the growth of your small fishes. You should have a proper breeding caging system. Some tilapia farmers use male tilapia’s and use hormones for breeding. But it’s not really advice; some areas won’t allow this process. This process will help you control the breeding number using male unlike female production. This procedure is risky for your tilapia fishes; this will affect the health of your fishes.
- Handling Extreme Breeding Tilapia Rate. Handling rapid breeds will help you ease tensions like tilapia’s health problems. After 3 months raising your female tilapia fish is now capable in producing 100 young fishes per week and 1000 fishes in three months. They carry the fry through their mouth. But too much number of tilapias is no longer healthy for the other tilapias. Producing male tilapias and learning the characteristics of female tilapias will help you identify and classify them according to their roles It would be an ideal way to control over production.
- Filters is Needed for your Tilapia Farm. Tilapias are not hard to raise, since they could easily resist and manage sickness and bacteria’s around them. They have their own fighting system to keep their selves away from illness. But the thing that they could not resist is the right amount of oxygen. Most of the fish die because of insufficient oxygen. Using filters it could help your fish sustain the right amount of oxygen they needed. But sometimes, because of harsh weather, it can affect fish cages in lake areas, and that causes drastic fish kills.
- Water Compositions. Fish are more likely with humans. They need gasses that would sustain their lives. They live in water so the water they will be staying must provide the right amount of nutrients and minerals. Water with right Ph content, unpolluted, living organisms is present and often maintenance (changing it most of the time) is really needed.
These are the 7 Facts about Aquaculture Tilapia Fish Farming that you need to know. I hope you already have in mind the important facts about aquaculture tilapia farming and be it as your guide for your successful tilapia farm.